How Cultural Competence Translates to Clinical Relevance
AreYOU in the know?
Healthcare Organizations that are committed to ensuring culturally competent patient-centered care garner profitable benefits.
- For every $ invested in cultural competency training there was an ROI of $36 (Source: John Hopkins University)
- 1 in 5 LGBTQ Adults avoid Medical Care Due to Fear of Discrimination (Source: NPR)
- 82% Medical Students exhibited at least some implicit bias against gay and lesbian individuals (Source: Academic Medicine Journal)
- While 81% of hospitals educate clinical staff during orientation about how to address the unique cultural and linguistic factors affecting the care of diverse patients and communities, only 61% require all employees to attend diversity training. (Source: Institute for Diversity in Health Management)
Can we quantify this?
Learn more by visiting The Business Case
We get it, your organization needs to join the 21st century, but you may not know how to begin implementing positive change.
Your company can lean on a professional with combined clinical and administrative expertise, one who understands the intricacies of organizational sustainability and public trust.
You can place your own trust in Dina Proto
- Healthcare Agencies
- Clinical Settings
- (Inpatient / Outpatient / Hospitals / LTACH / SNF)
- Professional Associations
- Institutions of Higher Education, Colleges and Universities
- (Healthcare Services Groups / Insurance Companies / Employee Resource Groups
Development of Inclusive Programming & Curriculum
Dina has been a wonderful resource for bridging some gaps in our onboarding and annual training. Her knowledge base in the medical industry combined with her LGBTQ+ working knowledge make for a fantastic relationship when you are specialist in healthcare as we are. She provides very clear and timely information while making it connect to the staff in a professional but also personal way. If you are considering or looking for a consultant with a vast depth of experience and knowledge, consider Dina Proto– Robert Baker-Hargrove COO/Co-CEO